America On Stage News
 

COVID-19  Corona Virus

Updated 3/18/2020

In an effort to make sure we are taking sure of all dancers, directors, parents, spectators and attendees, we have the following information about our events and the COVID-19 virus.

UPDATE: 3/18/2020
All America On Stage events are on hold until the CDC, Dept of Health and governments deem it allowable for us to hold competitions.
We are constantly monitoring the situation and making plans for the future. Check below for updates and check back often to see the latest.

RESCHEDULE
There are many who have asked us to reschedule events in late May or June. We will certainly do our best to make it happen.
As you can see below, Richfield, and St. George events are being rescheduled as we progress along this new downtime.
As soon as the quarantine is lifted, and we are allowed to hold events again, we will have permanent dates and let you know.

REFUNDS
Rest assured, all events that are cancelled will be refunded in full. If we don't have the event, we'll refund you completely.
If you want to use your already paid fees from an cancelled event for another, let us know and we will reassign your fees.
If you can't make it to an event that we re-schedule, we'll refund you completely.
We hope you know you are our first priority and in this time of uncertainty and for many of us financial hardship with lost revenue in our studios, we will refund any and all fees you desire for events not able to be competed.
Simply let us know.
Many have asked us simply to hold what they have registered and paid for and use it towards whatever is our next event. We will do that as well.

SHALL WE REGISTER?
Right now, we are recommending you register online for the events you want to attend, but hold off on paying. We will take payments for competitions as they happen without any late fees.
Utah State Registration: If you want to register for Utah State, please do so and if we an hold it, we will plan on it. If it is not an option due to the world still being shut down, no harm done. Hold off on paying any fees until we let you know.

Nationals registration: Register online and simply wait to pay. That way we will know who is planning. If you need to wait and see what dates we do it before registering, that will also be fine.

We will communicate as soon as we know all dates and when registration money is due.

 

RICHFIELD COMPETITION - Re-schedule

UPDATE: 3/18/2020
    It appears we will reschedule this amazing event for early June. We need to wait to see when we are able to hold events again, but we are planning on holding this event. We'll keep you updated.
    If you can't make it, we'll refund you for sure or you can use your registration money towards another event of ours if you so choose.

UPDATE: 3/12/2020
     We have spoken with our board of directors, and the SVC. With the Governor's recommendation to not hold any large group meetings of more than 100 starting Monday, March 16th, we will be following the State's recommendation and POSTPONING the event.
   We will look at rescheduling it later in the year and let you know about all updates. Please keep checking back here for the latest updates.
   All registrations will be refunded.

 


ST. GEORGE COMPETITION - Re-schedule
UPDATE: 3/18/2020
    It appears we will reschedule this amazing event for early June as well. Right now we are looking at June 5-6. We need to wait to see when we are able to hold events again, but we are planning on holding this event. We'll keep you updated.
    If you can't make it, we'll refund you for sure or you can use your registration money towards another event of ours if you so choose.

UPDATE: 3/12/2020
   We have spoken with our board of directors, and the Dixie Center. With the Governor's recommendation to not hold any large group meetings of more than 100 starting Monday, March 16th, we will be following the State's recommendation and POSTPONING the event.
   We will look at rescheduling it later in the year and let you know about all updates. Please keep checking back here for the latest updates.
   All registrations will be refunded.

 

Utah State COMPETITIONS - On Hold
UPDATE: 3/18/2020
    These two events are a little harder to reschedule as the large convention center we use for the Utah State Clogging Championships and Taylorsville High School which is used for the Utah State Dance Championships may not be available once everything is open and ready to go. We need to wait to see when we are able to hold events again, and when we can hold them, we will certainly let you know. We'll keep you updated.
    If you can't make it, we'll refund you for sure or you can use your registration money towards another event of ours if you so choose.

UPDATE: 3/12/2020
   We will address whether we can hold the Utah State Dance, Clogging and Power Tap Championships as we get closer. Those who wish to attend may register now and pay later with no late fees.
   We will also allow late registration to register without any late fees.
   Should the State, CDC, and State Dept of Health determine we are fine in holding the event, we will let everyone know as soon as possible.


NATIONALS COMPETITION - It's GOING TO HAPPEN!

UPDATE: 3/18/2020
     Nationals is going to happen. It's simply a matter of when. Here are our contingency plans.

     There will be no qualifying required to attend Nationals this year as several teams and dancers may not get the chance to qualify anywhere. This is for clogging's 2nd weekend only. Only the 2nd weekend of clogging requires qualifying. Every weekend is open this year.

Option A: Everything is open in May and we run it like normal.

Option B: If we need to move it back, we will run Nationals over two weekends and use all our stages for lots of competing. We might even need to run it on Thursday, Friday and Saturday each weekend.
If we do run it later than planned in May, we plan on doing the following
May 15-16, All Dance events. Solos will go on Friday (Thursday will be used if needed). All teams will go on Saturday. We will have enough stages and space. We have it all planned that we can make it work if needed.
May 22-23, and (possibly May 25) All Clogging events. This would be a combined 1st and 2nd weekend of clogging Nationals. We have plan in place for how this would work too.

Option C: If we are still closed through May, we would run Nationals in Early June. We'll of course address this if we get to this point. Dates would be assigned at that time. It could event be a 5 days straight event as there is no school. At this point.... who knows!

But we plan on holding Nationals and we plan on doing it at Lagoon. One awesome, incredibly crazy unforgettable year.
Lagoon has been working with us very closely and we will make it happen as great as we can.

UPDATE: 3/12/2020
It appears we will reschedule this amazing event for early June. We need to wait to see when we are able to hold events again, but we are planning on holding this event. We'll keep you updated.
    If you can't make it, we'll refund you for sure or you can use your registration money towards another event of ours if you so choose.

   We will address whether we can hold Nationals at Lagoon Dance, Clogging and Power Tap Championships as we get closer. Those who wish to attend may register now and pay later with no late fees.
   We will also allow late registration to register without any late fees.
   Should the State, CDC, and State Dept of Health determine we are fine in holding the event, we will let everyone know as soon as possible.

 

We wish everyone to take care of themselves, and we will see everyone on stage when everything goes as right as possible.

America On Stage
greg@americaonstage.org
801-224-8334
 

 

Back to America On Stage Home Page

 

Hit Counter